At its latest indie showcase, Nintendo revealed a handful of intriguing titles coming to Switch in 2021. The biggest revelation is that Between us, one of the biggest games of 2020, will not only arrive on the Switch, but will be available later today.
There were also many other interesting announcements. One of the biggest revelations was that classic rouguelike series Spelunky will arrive on Switch next year. This includes both the original Spelunky as well as Spelunky 2, with local multiplayer for both (and online for the sequel) in summer 2021.
Other revelations include:
- Fisti-fluff, a physics-based brawler about cats wreaking havoc in an empty house, will launch in early 2021
- Tunches, a hand-drawn action game about exploring a fantasy version of the Amazon rainforest, will be released in March 2021
- Cyber-Shadow, a retro pixel art action game from Mechanical Head Studios (and published by Shovel Knight studio Yacht Club Games), will be launched on January 26, 2021
- Calico, another cat-themed game, this time about running a lovely cat bar, will be available later today
- Sunrise: a wildlife adventure, a nature-themed exploration game by Monument Valley The Ustwo studio, recently launched on Apple Arcade, will be on Switch in the spring of 2021
- Gnosia is a short game about finding an alien life form hidden among your crew. It is a mysterious game that needs to be replayed several times. Also, there is a dolphin. It will come out next year.
- Good game, the latest version of Machinarium developer Amanita Design, described as a psychological horror game, will be released in the spring of 2021
- Creepy and brutally difficult platformer Super Meatboy Forever will arrive on Switch on December 23rd
- While we knew it grindstone was coming, there’s more good news: Capy’s addictive puzzle game is coming to Switch later today