Karan Johar asked to explain the anti-drug agency party video: sources

Karan Johar had previously released a public statement in connection with the video (File)

Mumbai:

Bollywood director Karan Johar was asked to explain a widely circulated video shot at his home in July last year during a party allegedly consuming drugs, NCB sources said Thursday night.

The video, which also shows several prominent stars, is being investigated as part of the drug agency’s investigation into actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death in June.

Mr. Johar released a public statement in relation to that video in September, stating that the news about drug use at his party was “slanderous” and “harmful”.

“These defamatory and harmful statements, news articles and news clippings have unnecessarily subjected me, my family, my colleagues and Dharma Productions to hatred, contempt and ridicule,” Johar said.

News bulletin

“I would like to state unequivocally once again that I do not use drugs and neither promote nor encourage the consumption of these substances,” he added.

Source