Infosys to allow employees to work from home or the office from 2021

The company is likely to adopt a hybrid business model from next year.

IT leader Infosys said it will explore a flexible hybrid work model for its employees starting next year due to the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, the company will allow employees to work from home or office depending on the situation.

The company is likely to adopt the hybrid business model starting next year, when employees won’t be required to be in the office every day, at least for the next six months. After June, the company will respond to the call on how to proceed depending on the pandemic situation and vaccination status. Infosys CEO and CEO Salil Parekh said at a virtual event that although the company has built a flexible model for working from home, it’s time to start working on building “social capital”.

While emphasizing the share capital, Parekh said flexibility will remain key and the company will allow employees to work from different places at different times. “That said, we believe that the whole concept of social capital is also extremely important. We believe it is important as the Covid situation goes behind us, we start creating that social capital again so that we have more and more work from the environment office we haven’t yet decided on the exact approach that will be needed, ”Parekh said.

Krish Shankar, executive vice president and head of the human resources development group, said it is likely that most companies will continue with the hybrid type of work model in the future, but it will differ depending on the nature of the work.

Shankar added that the flexible work model will give the opportunity for more women, especially those who are engaged in home care roles, to join the workforce.

Infosys, which has over 2 lakh employees in India, currently has only 2% of people working from the office while the remaining 98% work from home.

Speaking at the virtual conference, Infosys co-founder and president Nandan Nilekani said, “We had invested in working from home as a concept for all of our employees long before the pandemic. When the pandemic hit, it was very easy for Infosys to relocate. its 2.40,000 employees in 40 countries working from home. “

Nilekani said investments in technology, network, and cybersecurity frameworks were the enablers to facilitate working from home.

Source